About the position
Checkout Technologies is a start-up in Milan, Italy. We disrupt UX in Retail eliminating the queues and checkout delays. We base our system on the computer vision and artificial intelligence.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a focus on operational tasks. You’ll spend time doing the hardware tech support, network troubleshooting, packaging dependency resolution, metrics collection system, and/or configuration management systems. You’ll work on metrics & monitoring, provisioning & packaging, authentication, tooling & time synchronization, scaling & security for distributed physical infrastructure. You’ll spend time teaching on how to build robust, reliable software.
- Automate infrastructure, continually refine provisioning and release processes.
- Continuously improve metrics, monitoring, and alerting of systems, applications, and stacks.
- Build pipelines to maximize automation for CI as well as data ingestion to AI training and models.
- Analyze performance physical infrastructure and make recommendations.
- Design tools and implement tools for yourself, your team, and developers.
- Review others’ designs and implementation for security, performance, and feature completeness.
- Respond to production incidents.
- Write property, integration, unit and performance regression tests.
- Optimize hardware utilization (CPU, GPU, Memory).
Skills & requirements
- Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Knowledge about various Infrastructure Automation Tools (Ansible, Terraform)
- Proficient with bash, python or golang
- Perfect knowledge of CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Stackdriver.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting
- Be ready to gain momentum in the fast growing company
- Compensation (€40k - 50k)
- Modern tech equipment
- Grow quickly in a top-level team
- Attend Conferences and Courses
- Awesome co-workers