About the position
Checkout Technologies is a start-up in Milan, Italy. We disrupt UX in Retail eliminating the queues and checkout delays. We base our system on the computer vision and artificial intelligence.
You’ll be dealing with testing of the hardware we install in retail locations, and use for internal research and data collection.
- Perform testing and qualification on prospective systems to be used internally and in production at customer sites.
- Implement and commission computer systems (hardware, software, network, and storage) from bare metal for testing purposes and in production operations.
- Install CPUs, Memory, Drives, PCIe cards Provision OS (primarily Linux)
- Deploy and maintain our server and storage infrastructure used for data collection, storage, derivation, annotating, serving, training, and deploying.
- Oversee installations at client sites and manage hardware deployments.
- 30% Travel. You'll be responsible for visiting to customer locations to meet with clients, install equipment, and complete site surveys.
Skills & requirements
- Experience level: Jun-Level, Mid-Level
- Proficient with Linux and provisioning tools (Ansible, Terraform)
- Able to configure and install cameras and scales
- Perfect comunication skills and be detail-oriented
- You are physically able to transport 20 kilograms and to ascend & descend a ladder to install, configure, and test cameras and scales
- Compensation (€35k - 45k)
- Modern tech equipment
- Grow quickly in a top-level team
- Attend Conferences and Courses
- Awesome co-workers