About the position
Checkout Technologies is a start-up in Milan, Italy. We disrupt UX in Retail eliminating the queues and checkout delays. We base our system on the computer vision and artificial intelligence.
You will manage a team of online annotator that will mark objects, activities, events, or other items of interest in images and video using our internal tools. The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, comfortable doing repetitive work with data, and will be responsible for helping annotate large datasets for algorithm training. Duties also require providing feedback for improvements on tools and process, and on occasion, helping our field teams gather data onsite.
- Manage remote team of annotators
- Provide constructive feedback to our engineers on tooling and processes for more efficient labeling, and to improve data quality.
- Maintain ownership of each annotation assignment, and respond to any changes in procedure and auditors.
- Evaluate metrics to help improve our productivity
Skills & requirements
- Experience level: Jun-Level, Mid-Level
- Perfect comunication skills
- Be detail-oriented and able to define directions
- Organize the workflow of the remote team and schedule tasks
- Proficient with dataset annotation tools
- Basic knowledge of the machine learning tools (scikit-learn, scipy) and image processing libraries (opencv, matplotlib) is a plus
- Be ready to gain momentum in the fast growing company
- Compensation (€30k - 40k)
- Modern tech equipment
- Grow quickly in a top-level team
- Attend Conferences and Courses
- Awesome co-workers